Could not load file or assembly 'devBiz.Sdlc.Tfs, Version=1.0.2641.17263, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=d3e5e503f8b0d44e' or one of its dependencies. The located assembly's manifest definition does not match the assembly reference. (Exception from HRESU

Jun 16, 2007 at 6:36 AM
HI..I am new to TFS.
I have already installed Team plain and now i m tring to install TimeSheet (Codeplex) .
I have performed all step successfully as per "readme" .I am getting following error.Can anybody help this out?

Could not load file or assembly 'devBiz.Sdlc.Tfs, Version=1.0.2641.17263, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=d3e5e503f8b0d44e' or one of its dependencies. The located assembly's manifest definition does not match the assembly reference. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131040)
Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.IO.FileLoadException: Could not load file or assembly 'devBiz.Sdlc.Tfs, Version=1.0.2641.17263, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=d3e5e503f8b0d44e' or one of its dependencies. The located assembly's manifest definition does not match the assembly reference. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131040)

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Assembly Load Trace: The following information can be helpful to determine why the assembly 'devBiz.Sdlc.Tfs, Version=1.0.2641.17263, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=d3e5e503f8b0d44e' could not be loaded.

WRN: Assembly binding logging is turned OFF.To enable assembly bind failure logging, set the registry value HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog (DWORD) to 1.Note: There is some performance penalty associated with assembly bind failure logging.To turn this feature off, remove the registry value HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog.

Stack Trace:

FileLoadException: Could not load file or assembly 'devBiz.Sdlc.Tfs, Version=1.0.2641.17263, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=d3e5e503f8b0d44e' or one of its dependencies. The located assembly's manifest definition does not match the assembly reference. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131040)FileLoadException: Could not load file or assembly 'devBiz.Sdlc.Tfs, Version=1.0.2641.17263, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=d3e5e503f8b0d44e' or one of its dependencies. The located assembly's manifest definition does not match the assembly reference. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131040) ReportWrapperModule.OnBeginRequest(Object sender, EventArgs e) +0 System.Web.SyncEventExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute() +92 System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously) +64

Thanx......
Coordinator
Jun 17, 2007 at 1:13 AM
Go into the bin directory in the TeamPlain web site, right click on the devBiz.Sdlc.Tfs.dll file, and choose properties. Make sure that the assembly version of that file is 1.0.2641.17263: if it's not, then the file got copied in from somewhere else or you're using a different version of TeamPlain.
Jun 20, 2007 at 10:09 AM
hi..thanx

i got prob . we were using 1.x team plain and 2.x timesheet .

now we used both 2.x and prob solved.

Jul 22, 2007 at 9:36 AM
Edited Jul 22, 2007 at 11:14 AM
Hello !

I have the same error.
The only differnce is that teamplain and timesheet seems to be in the same version (2.x)
I suspect its one of the dependencies that is not in the right version, or is missing.....

Where can I get a full list of the all the dll's needed, and its versions ?

Thanx !

rachanashah wrote:
hi..thanx

i got prob . we were using 1.x team plain and 2.x timesheet .

now we used both 2.x and prob solved.