how to track time using time sheet?

Jun 20, 2007 at 11:15 AM
hi ,

I am new to TFS.

i installed team plain and timesheet . but i am not able to understand how to use this.

Is it possible to add time in timesheet manually and it will effect Completed work hours directly?

OR

i have to add hours in completed hours and it will effect in timesheet?

both way i am not getting any result...

OR at both place i have to add hours manually?

I am just replacing new figure with old figure in completed hours .and remaining hours.. is this way true ? or any other way....?
pls guide .....am i doing any mistake ?

Coordinator
Jun 20, 2007 at 8:28 PM
As the description for the project states, when you alter the values in the "completed work" field for a work item, the timesheet will automatically add the increase in work to an entry for that work item for the current day. If that's not happening, then you need to check to make sure that you actually have completed work fields in your work item templates, that their reference names match the values of the completed work fields in the web.config file (see the readme.txt file for details), that the UpdateTimesheet.asmx web service is registered correctly (again, see the readme.txt file), and that the aforementioned web service is being called successfully when you save a work item after altering the completed work value (check your IIS logs, do a search for UpdateTimesheet.asmx, and make sure that HTTP 500 errors are not being returned for it).
Jul 7, 2007 at 1:46 PM
Hi All,
I have installed TimeSheet 2.0 with my Team Plain 2.0
It was successful process...but now if i made some changes in completed hours it shows me errors in Event Viewer....I am putting here the Event Viewer stack Trace...so, if i made some mistake of installing or....something..please provide me some guidance...to complete my work.....

Thxx in Advance

Event code: 3008
Event message: A configuration error has occurred.
Event time: 07/07/2007 6:12:45 PM
Event time (UTC): 07/07/2007 12:42:45 PM
Event ID: 9d0612f437114cd78f748fc504fb488e
Event sequence: 314
Event occurrence: 2
Event detail code: 0

Application information:
Application domain: /LM/W3SVC/877565555/Root-1-128282845222908839
Trust level: Full
Application Virtual Path: /
Application Path: C:\Program Files\devBiz\TeamPlain Web Access\Web\
Machine name: REPSERVER

Process information:
Process ID: 5516
Process name: w3wp.exe
Account name: KIPL\nikunj

Exception information:
Exception type: ConfigurationErrorsException
Exception message: Could not load type 'Microsoft.Web.Services.ScriptHandlerFactory'. (C:\Program Files\devBiz\TeamPlain Web Access\Web\web.config line 71)

Request information:
Request URL: http://repserver:8031/Services/UpdateTimesheet.asmx
Request path: /Services/UpdateTimesheet.asmx
User host address: 192.168.0.101
User:
Is authenticated: False
Authentication Type:
Thread account name: KIPL\nikunj

Thread information:
Thread ID: 6
Thread account name: KIPL\nikunj
Is impersonating: False
Stack trace: at System.Web.Configuration.ConfigUtil.GetType(String typeName, String propertyName, ConfigurationElement configElement, XmlNode node, Boolean checkAptcaBit, Boolean ignoreCase)
at System.Web.Configuration.HttpHandlerAction.Create()
at System.Web.Configuration.HandlerFactoryCache..ctor(HttpHandlerAction mapping)
at System.Web.HttpApplication.GetFactory(HttpHandlerAction mapping)
at System.Web.HttpApplication.MapHttpHandler(HttpContext context, String requestType, VirtualPath path, String pathTranslated, Boolean useAppConfig)
at System.Web.HttpApplication.MapHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute()
at System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously)

Custom event details:

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.
Coordinator
Jul 7, 2007 at 7:24 PM
What does your web.config look like? You may simply want to comment out the line that adds that handler to see if that works.