Time Sheet users

Aug 17, 2007 at 12:41 PM
HI we have installed Time sheet successfully ,, and used windows based authentication...

Everyone is log in using their ID but all are getting Timesheet of one particular user who is administrator.

can anybody help in this???

thanx

Coordinator
Aug 20, 2007 at 12:44 PM
Open the IIS admin tool, right-click on the Team Plain website, and go to Properties. Click on the Directory Security tab and then click Edit in the Anonymous access and authentication control group. Make sure that the Anonymous access checkbox is unchecked.
Aug 21, 2007 at 12:09 PM
Thanx ... this worked and now all users are able to view their timesheet.

But there is a small problem :

When user log in using their user id and password .they are getting their timesheet which was not possible before... BUT Left side of in teamplain window , above project selection ,they are getting name of administrator ( same name whose only timesheet we were able to access before u suggest change). and so that home page also of him.

After Re-login 1-2 times , users getting their timesheet.

where we have done mistake ..pls suggestion

Thanx for such a nice application and help

Aug 22, 2007 at 6:53 AM
Hi there....
i have same type of problem. after your post i have unchecked Anonymous access and authentication control group. this solved my problem but i found one another issue with this process..

if i unchecked Anonymous access and authentication control group, system will not allow me to login in it in IE. if i m using mozilla, i m able to login in team plain and also able to see my timesheet.

now any one plz tell me what's the issue....please give me some suggestions if i made some wrong work.

thxx for ur support and help...
Aug 29, 2007 at 8:37 AM
Hi,

we are having simular problems with TFS Timesheet 3.0. We are using windows based authetication and I changed
<identity impersonate="true" /> to
<identity impersonate="true" userName="DOMAIN\test" password="test" />
in the web.config. Without this change the timesheet tab does not work.

But when opening the Team System Web Access all users are logged in as Web Access User "test". Users can't work with their own settings and queries ...
One workaround is to signout (upper left corner) from Web Access and sign in again with the correct account information. The timesheet tabs keeps working in this case. Checking the box "Remember Me" during Web Access login helps Team System Web Access remember the correct account information. Next time users open Team System Web Access they are logged in under their own account (not "test" anymore").

Regards,

Manfred

Coordinator
Oct 13, 2007 at 5:26 PM
The most recent 3.x release of this project removes the requirement of adding a domain username and password to the web.config's <identity/> node, which should solve the problem of TSWA showing a user logged in as someone else.