Server error when clicking the Timesheet tab

Aug 20, 2007 at 9:24 AM
Hello,

I installed the Timesheet v1.02 as instructed in readme.txt file.
When i click the Timehseet tab in the TeamPlain application, i receive the following error:

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.
Exception Details: System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException: An operations error occurred.
Stack Trace:

COMException (0x80072020): An operations error occurred.
System.DirectoryServices.DirectoryEntry.Bind(Boolean throwIfFail) +610
System.DirectoryServices.DirectoryEntry.Bind() +36
System.DirectoryServices.DirectoryEntry.get_AdsObject() +31
System.DirectoryServices.PropertyValueCollection.PopulateList() +25
System.DirectoryServices.PropertyValueCollection..ctor(DirectoryEntry entry, String propertyName) +92
System.DirectoryServices.PropertyCollection.get_Item(String propertyName) +131
Stratman.Web.VSTS.Timesheet.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) in C:\Temp\Timesheet\Stratman\Web\VSTS\timesheet.aspx.cs:98
System.Web.Util.CalliHelper.EventArgFunctionCaller(IntPtr fp, Object o, Object t, EventArgs e) +15
System.Web.Util.CalliEventHandlerDelegateProxy.Callback(Object sender, EventArgs e) +34
System.Web.UI.Control.OnLoad(EventArgs e) +99
System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +47
System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +1061

Could it be because in the web.config file under /configuration/system.web/ i have <identity impersonate="true"/>?

Kind regards,
Lucian Chiriac
Coordinator
Aug 20, 2007 at 12:48 PM
You need to add userName and password attributes to that <identity/> node that correspond to a domain account capable of querying your LDAP server. It's in the readme.
Sep 3, 2007 at 10:19 AM
Edited Sep 4, 2007 at 1:14 AM

lstratman wrote:
You need to add userName and password attributes to that <identity/> node that correspond to a domain account capable of querying your LDAP server. It's in the readme.

After modifying the web.config according to your suggestion, I see that I am always logged in as the same user as specified in the "userName" attribute,
even though I am actually logged in as someone else.
The impersonate attribute is set to true.
If I set it to false, I will get some permission errors on the login page.

Did I do anything wrong?

Thanks.
Coordinator
Sep 8, 2007 at 9:54 PM
Please make sure that you have anonymous access for the TeamPlain/TSWA site in the IIS management console disabled. This will then force the use of Windows authentication for each page request, meaning that users will now see their own Timesheet. If, however, you are using forms-based authentication in Team System Web Access, that is not yet supported by TFS Timesheet.