How to run TFS Timesheet in Debug

Aug 28, 2007 at 9:13 PM
Hi,

What is the best way to run TFS Timesheet in Debug ?

Regards,

J-P
Coordinator
Aug 28, 2007 at 10:45 PM
The easiest way to do this is to start up the Visual Studio Remote Debugging Monitor on the machine that's hosting Team System Web Access. To do this, go to Start->All Programs->Microsoft Visual Studio 2005->Visual Studio Tools->Visual Studio 2005 Remote Debugger. There are a whole host of security conditions that must be met in order for you to connect to the machine in debugging mode, which this article does a good job of covering. Once the remote debugger is up, do a quick request against the web access site and then open up the TFS Timesheet solution. Then click on Debug->Attach to process and in the qualifier box, type in the machine name of the server hosting Team System Web Access. Once its list of processes comes up, attach the solution to all of the w3wp.exe or aspnet_wp.exe processes. From there, it should be just like debugging from your local machine (breakpoints, immediate mode, etc.).
Aug 28, 2007 at 10:59 PM
OK, but my needs are to debug on the local machine, I have Visual Studio 2005 Team Suite and TFS on the same machine (I am in a test environment).

How can I start Team System Web Access with TFS Timesheet source code in debugging from my local machine ?

Thanks,

J-P
Aug 29, 2007 at 7:13 PM
Edited Aug 29, 2007 at 8:27 PM
OK, forget the last question, I had not worked in ASP.NET since too long time.

It's so simple !

BTW, this is nice, the way you added the Timesheet tab.

Thanks for your help !

J-P