Installation of TFS Timesheet 3.0

Aug 29, 2007 at 8:19 AM
Edited Aug 31, 2007 at 8:14 AM
Hi,

I just installed TFS Timesheet 3.0. There's two issues/problems I stepped on:

1. The installation instruction as provided in the file Readme.txt within the Install dirctory are not up to date. Especially it is worthwile mentioning
the different location of the Team System Web Access installation directory, which defaults to C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 2005 Team System Web Access\Web and the slightly changed way to register the Timesheet event handler under port 8090 :
BisSubscribe.exe /eventType WorkItemChangedEvent /deliveryType Soap /address http://Domain name for the TFS server:8090/Services/UpdateTimesheet.asmx /server Machine name of the TFS server

2. I had to remove the line
<remove verb="" path=".asmx">
from the web.config. Otherwise the UpdateTimesheet service did not work and my timesheets weren't updated automatically after changing the work items in Team system.

Regards,

Manfred
Aug 30, 2007 at 4:16 AM
Typo found:

Should be Visual
not Visaul
Aug 31, 2007 at 11:25 AM
Edited Aug 31, 2007 at 1:52 PM
Hi there....
I found one problem after installing and configuring Timesheet 3.0.
i get message like "The specified domain either does not exist or could not be contacted." when i go for Timesheet tab.

I havent change any type of setting in iis. currently it uses network services in Application pool and in directory integration it uses anonymous access = true with user name "IUSR_COMP" which is default user to use IIS 6.0.

second issue is if i remove anonymous access = false, i'll not able to login in site.
third if i set one domain account in directory security. my timesheet works fine. but again one more issue, the user which is currently login cant see their timesheet. for example if i use "Admin" in directory security. and login as user1, i cant able to see user1's timesheet and instead of that admin's timesheet is visible for all users.

can any one help me for that?

Thxx for support in Advance.
Nikunj
Coordinator
Oct 13, 2007 at 5:28 PM
The most recent 3.x release of this project removes the requirement of adding a domain username and password to the web.config's <identity/> node, which should solve the problem of TSWA showing a user logged in as someone else.
Aug 13, 2008 at 4:22 PM
Hi,
    We are using TFS 2005 and time sheet for a while (Single machine deployment)
    Recently we installed TFS 2008 in dual mode with Time sheet on separate machine on same domain.

I am getting error while browsing timesheet tab on webplain displaying "Invalid attempt to read when no data is present." message.
    I checked database connection and accessibility  from webplain machine, they are OK.

How to debug this issue?

Any help is appreciated.
    Sanjay.

Jul 6, 2009 at 9:30 PM

I have found the error reporting on this application to be sub-par. Hopefully it's something that will be fixed in the near future. But in the meantime, the best way to figure this out is to download the source code, compile it in Debug mode, and copy the Debug versions of Stratman.Web.* into your Web\bin directory. Then from VS running on the VSTS machine set a breakpoint in the code and attach to the asp worker process and step through the code.

Jul 7, 2009 at 2:22 PM

TFS Timesheet for 2008 requires 2008 SP1 Team System Web Access, not just 2008. Keep in mind you have to uninstall 2008 and then install 2008 SP1 (http://blogs.msdn.com/buckh/archive/2008/08/29/team-system-web-access-2008-sp1-is-now-available.aspx).