Timesheet is not showing data userwise

Aug 31, 2007 at 1:59 PM
Hi there....
I found one problem after installing and configuring Timesheet 3.0.
i get message like "The specified domain either does not exist or could not be contacted." when i go for Timesheet tab.

I havent change any type of setting in IIS. I have installed it with Form Based Authentication. Currently it uses Network Services in Application pool and in directory integration it uses anonymous access = true with user name "IUSR_COMP" which is default user to use IIS 6.0.

Second issue is if i remove anonymous access = false, i'll not able to login in site.

Third if i set one domain account in directory security. my timesheet works fine. but again one more issue, the user which is currently login cant see their timesheet. for example if i use "Admin" in directory security. and login as user1, i cant able to see user1's timesheet and instead of that admin's timesheet is visible for all users.

can any one help me for that?

Thxx for support in Advance.
Nikunj
Coordinator
Aug 31, 2007 at 4:45 PM
Unfortunately, forms authentication is not supported with TFS Timesheet at this time. That functionality will be implemented in the future, but for now you're restricted to using windows authentication.
Sep 1, 2007 at 8:24 AM
Thanks Istratman,

i have already changed to windows based authentication and now Timesheet is available.
When user-1
But when user-1 is logged out from timesheet and User-2 log-in ...user -2 is not able to see his Timesheet b'coz currently User-1 is logged-in in windows.
So just for information like is this process set for security purpose or is it a problem which i am facing?
Just to know the exact process......

Thxx & Regards
Nikunj
Coordinator
Oct 13, 2007 at 5:25 PM
The most recent 3.x release of this project removes the requirement of adding a domain username and password to the web.config's <identity/> node, which should solve the problem of TSWA showing a user logged in as someone else.