Getting work items to display

Mar 29, 2010 at 6:56 PM

So I followed all instructions correctly and I have the tab and it loads but I am unable to add work items into the list. When I click the "Add Work Items" link I am able to query for WI's but when I select one or more items, set the time amount type, and then click the "Add Work Items" link, nothing is added to the site.

An entry is made in the TimeSheetEntries table but again, nothing appears on the site. I am the user assigned to the work item.

Other Info:
- In case it matters, the value in the table SchemaVersion is 2. All other tables are empty.

Any ideas?

Jun 30, 2010 at 6:33 PM

Hey John, any luck with this - having the same issue.

Does this have anything to do with setting the start and finish times on the workitem itself?

Thanks

Jess

Jun 30, 2010 at 7:20 PM

Jess,
I resolved the issue by changing the code for the project. I  was able to debug the code and noticed that the SID being used to query TFS was different than the SID that was written with the selected work items. There were several places where the SID was being retrieved two different ways. Perhaps it is my environment which is the reason for the two different SID's. After making the change everything was good.

Now I am having another issue in that the system is supposed to automatically add new/edited workitems to your list but that never happens for me. I've checked the WorkItemChangedEvent and it does not appear to be working correctly. Who knows..... I am looking into other TFS timesheets solutions as it appears this project has some flaws.

John

Aug 11, 2010 at 9:57 PM

Hi John, thanks for the reply - yes this is getting frustrating.

Were you able to get this working or did you use something else? 

Aug 17, 2010 at 5:21 PM

I did get it working but I had to hack some of it. I'm not sure that I will continue to use it because it is still lacking a few features that I would like to see and I just don't really have the time to work on it. There were a couple of other projects out there that looked promising but nothing solid just yet.