Missing .cs files in source code

Jan 23, 2008 at 8:23 PM
Not sure if I am doing something wrong, but I cannot find the .cs files in the source code download for the following pages:

/UI/Controls/WorkItems

- Query/QueryResult.ascx
- SelectedWorkItems.ascx
- WorkItemFinders.ascx

Any help locating them is appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Coordinator
Jan 23, 2008 at 10:07 PM
Unfortunately, those are user controls that come with TSWA, and so the code behind logic is compiled into the WebControl assemblies that are distributed with the package. You can't change that logic, but you can look at it via Lutz Roeder's .NET Reflector tool. I only included those files so that no compilation warnings would appear concerning missing reference files in my custom .aspx files.
Jan 23, 2008 at 10:56 PM
Thanks for the quick response...

My real issue is an error when trying to add new Work Items to the TimeSheet.

"Object reference not set to an instance of an object"

The stack trace that I get (by looking at the source of the page) is:
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at Microsoft.TeamFoundation.WebAccess.UI.Controls.QueryResult.RenderUserControl()
at Microsoft.TeamFoundation.WebAccess.UI.WebAccessUserControl.OnLoad(EventArgs e)

I downloaded the source code, updated all the libraries to 2008, recompiled the dll, and deployed to TSWA 2008. Everything seems to be ok, except for the error described above. Any pointers on how to fix or better troubleshoot it are appreciated.

Best Regards

Jan 23, 2008 at 11:19 PM
Right after reading your answer, I thought of something. The Query files included in the source package are the ones corresponding to TSWA 2005. I replaced them with the ones originally included in TSWA 2008 and voila! problem is gone. I have a new package completely compatible with TSWA 2008, including updated libraries, source code, references, and the .dll itself. I can submit it to the project in case you are interested.

Thanks again!