how to modify ANYTHING in TFS Timesheet?

Sep 19, 2008 at 11:15 PM
I've made changes to the Stratman.Web.VSTS project to add a custom control to the Timesheet tab on my local machine (Microsoft Vista) in Visual Studio 2008.  The problem is, I can't test my changes.  When I try to debug, I get Parser Error: "The file '/UI/Controls/PageToolbar.ascx' does not exist".

Since the source code is incomplete, I tried copying the complete set of UI pages down from the server but when I click anything on the timesheet tab all the graphic links disappear.  Is there something I'm doing wrong here to modify the existing code?
Coordinator
Sep 22, 2008 at 11:46 PM
Yeah, you won't be able to debug locally because, as you've seen, the project only includes the parts of the TSWA package necessary for the timesheet add-on to compile.  However, you can do remote debugging against a server with the full TSWA package installed.  It involves a little bit of setup but it's fully functional and is how I did the majority of the development on this project.  To do so, just hit this thread for instructions (it references VS 2005, but the process is the same for 2008).  So, deploy whatever changes you want to the user facing server and follow the instructions in the thread and you should have full access to the usual suite of debugging functions.  Let me know if you run into any problems.