What permissions for TimesheetUser?

Oct 17, 2008 at 9:35 PM
Hi everyone:

I followed the instructions in the readme.txt file, but it still doesn't work,
I'm getting this error when clicking in the Timesheet tab, I must have missed
something or done something wrong, are there any specific permissions
I need to grant to this user?

Login failed for user 'TimesheetUser'. The user is not associated with a trusted SQL Server connection.

Thanks in advance for your help.
Coordinator
Feb 22, 2009 at 5:59 PM
Open up SQL Management Studio and make sure that the TimesheetUser login exists at the database level and also that the login is associated with the TfsTimesheet database.  If it's there, please provide the connection string that you put in the web.config file (just blank out the password) for the TfsTimesheet database.
Jun 10, 2009 at 8:18 PM

I'm having this exact same problem, and everything looks correct in SQL Management Studio.

<connectionStrings>
        <add name="TimesheetDatabase" connectionString="Server=(local);Database=TfsTimesheet;User ID=TimesheetUser;Password=XXXXXXXXX"/>
    </connectionStrings>

Jun 17, 2009 at 8:32 PM

hi

you probably has to change the SQL Server autentication mode to support both modes: Windows Authentication and SQL Server users.

Best regards

El Bruno

Oct 26, 2009 at 6:38 PM

It worked for me just changing the authentication mode.

Follow the instructions at:  http://www.codeproject.com/KB/database/SQL_Server_2005_remote.aspx

Mar 25, 2010 at 4:39 PM
It worked for me too changing the SQL authentication mode. By default, it is set to Windows only mode, so this step should be mentioned in the documentation, or adding that to the initialization script to do this automatically if it is not done already. (maybe the first would be better since this config needs a SQL restart).